[aerogear-dev] Chrome Push Messages

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 09:28:12 EDT 2014

Hello,

now that the 1.0.0-final is pretty much out for the UnifiedPush Server,  i’m starting to look at the new API that Chrome apps use for sending push notifications.

the TL;DR of it is,  it’s basically the same as Android now.( no more refresh tokens and access tokens and such )

So the question is,  do we need to have a deprecation period on what is currently there?

The v1 of the chrome pushMessaging api has become legacy and it is recommended to use the new stuff.  https://developer.chrome.com/apps/cloudMessagingV1

While i have looked to deeply,  it’s possible we can use the same “Variant” structure for Chrome Apps,  Since they will be using the same Network

wdyt?

-Luke