[aerogear-dev] [ag.org] Make our doc even dryer

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 06:26:30 EST 2014

One other improvement I was thinking of was to setup a git commit hook.

The idea is that asciidoc reference snippets by file+line#

This hook will basically do following:

1/ Check files for asciidoc annotatations in the repository - e.g.

// @asciidoc-example-start
public void mySuperPipeExampleThatGoesToPipeDoc(Pipe p) {
    p.ftw();
}
// @asciidoc-example-end

2/ Apply commit
3/ Check once again if the line numbers of asciidoc annotations is the same
4/ If not, produce a *FAT* warning that commiter should update
aerogear.github.com repo with new line numbers to align doc.

This should keep code and doc up-to-date.

I can create such hook, the question is what is "the most usual env"(tm)
so it would be working for everybody - assuming sh/awk/grep will do?

Karel