[aerogear-dev] AeroGear project structure and the website

Hylke Bons hbons at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 12:43:27 EST 2014

On 24/02/2014 14:50, Lee Graham wrote:
> So If I'm a Cordova developer and I want to learn how-to setup
> UnifiedPush Server and integrate Push within my hybrid app I don't
> care about the native Android & iOS libraries, guides, etc.. I just
> want everything that is relevant to hybrid apps. I actually ran into
> this exact issue this last weekend when I created my first push
> notification app. Its hard to keep track of what guides and sample
> code I needed. This may solve that. I kind of like the way
> http://devcenter.kinvey.com/ does this. When I first go there it
> allows me to select my dev platform and it sets a cookie so when I
> come back its still on that platform. I can swap at any time, but as a
> developer I really liked the Kinvey experience because I could find
> what I needed. Nothing more nothing less.

Cordova is a bit of a special case. Apart from a mention that Cordova is
a supported platform on the front page, I'm not quite if we should have
it as a mention for every feature, as we already have Javascript there.

We need to find out how Corodova developers normally go about picking
libraries that they want to use. I assume they can use any Javascript
library? Perhaps we just add a note to the download page that for use
with Cordova you case use the Javascript library and download a native
plugin if needed.

Hylke