[aerogear-dev] iOS8: what's new?

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:53:08 EDT 2014

Hello iOS lovers,

With WWDC over, we’ve got plenty news stuff coming. We’re pretty existing about it so I would like to share with you the excitement.
If you want to catch up quickly on what’s new, one blog post I really like and would recommend:
http://nshipster.com/ios8/

and if you have more time, if you’re enrolled in iOS dev program and have Safari opened you can watch the great WWDC videos.
In https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2014/
I would recommend the followings:
- swift: session 403, 404, 406, 407, 408
- iOS notification: session 713

The stuff I found most existed about are:
- Swift coming: to me, it’s a big win. iOS platform with Swift will be a killer. Xcode6 with its Playground features and it REPL will be much easier to play with.
- LocalAuthentication Developers can use TouchID APIs. Bin win for secure offline.
- iOS8 interactive notification, increased size
- embedded widgets

This is a thread to gather all the things you like (or don’t like) about iOS8. Feel free to add your own comments and feelings.

Some interesting tickets to follow:
AGIOS-210 - Epic iOS8 notification
AGIOS-220 - Epic for Swift (a Swift version of aerogear-push-ios-registration)

++
Corinne