[aerogear-dev] [RELEASE] aerogear-simplepush-java-client 0.1.0

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:18:35 EDT 2014

Folks !
I'm happy to announce that aerogear-simplepush-java-client 0.1.0 has been
staged.

The big change is that we are now relying on Matzew's  Java Simple
WebSocket Client[1] and that we have an extended test suite which test this
library against : Tyrus, Netty, Vertx and Undertow !

Wondering what you can do with this library ? Basically any Device that can
run the JVM can now receive Push Notifications through the SimplePush
Protocol.

For instance, receiving Push Notifications on your Raspberry PI :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPNSu2ENUA

Or on a Lego EV3 Robot : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqfcqq42es

A lot of other feature are possible, like an Eclipse Plugin to receive
notification in your IDE.

This library has also full support for the AeroGear UnifiedPush Server,
meaning it can register to it !

Have fun and go crazy, the staging repository is located here :
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/jboss_releases_staging_profile-3507

Sebi

[1]https://github.com/matzew/simple-websocket-client