[aerogear-dev] Differences between Firefox OS "native" Push lib and AeroGear's Push adapter

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 15:56:53 EDT 2014

so there is this issue,  , about not being able to delete a simplePush installation.

using the UPS js client,  i registered the “deviceToken” with the push server, but when trying to use CURL or even the JS lib,  i was getting a 404, and i noticed that it would never actually hit the server( i was in debug mode in IntelliJ )

this was a demo that i had working back in april https://github.com/lholmquist/mobileweek/blob/master/mobileweek-ffos/js/app.js#L17

i noticed that when i registered the deviceToken, i was doing a encodeURIComponent before sending it to the UPS.

i modified the UPS JS client to do it this way, and then when i tried to do the remove,  i actually hit the breakpoints i set.  but the server could not find the installation doing

Installation installation =
                clientInstallationService.findInstallationForVariantByDeviceToken(variant.getVariantID(), token);

I changed the JS client to only do 1 encode instead of 2 but it still couldn’t find the installation.

I’m not really familiar with JPA and all that,  so i don’t know how the query stuff works in this case

But i do think we should be encoding the deviceToken( which is the pushEndpointURL ) when registering with the UPS, or else i don’t think we can ever get access to that endpoint