[aerogear-dev] Keycloak integration

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed May 14 03:10:24 EDT 2014

Hello,

here is an update on the integration: Bill did some updates to his example
template and worked on more things inside of Keycloak for a better
integration.

Yesterday, I used his example work and applied it to our UPS:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/keycloak-two-war-integration

There is now an 'auth-server' module which produces a WAR (that also
contains an AeroGear theme), to be deployed to the AS:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/keycloak-two-war-integration/auth-server

The 'server' module is using a ContextListener for the configuration work,
instead of the previous keycloak.json file:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/keycloak-two-war-integration/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/keycloak/BootstrapListener.java

Deploying the two WARs (auth before ups) will show the integration
(admin:admin is the initial password).

IMO this is a huge step towards a proper Keycloak integration, but some
items are still open:
- nicer config (using his testrealm.json inside of the auth-server)
- user/roles mgmt
- integration w/ the new UI
- ...

When Bruno is back, the work on this branch will continue.

That's it for now.

-Matthias