[aerogear-dev] Sending Push Notifications to a Lego Robot with SimplePush !

Miguel Lemos miguel21op at gmail.com
Mon May 19 04:55:31 EDT 2014

Congratulations for the criativity. A week-end much more chalanging and
funny than going to the mall :-)
No dia 18 de Mai de 2014 22:47, "Sebastien Blanc" <scm.blanc at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi everyone !
>
> I just wanted to share the results of my (really) nerdy Sunday. I was
able to send a Push Notification to my Lego EV3 Robot using the UnifiedPush
Server. The robot throws a ball when it receives the notification :)

> The robot is under Linux and can run  the JVM. I've been using our Java
SimplePush client (
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-simplepush-java-client) hacked with
 Matzew's  WebSocket Java Client (
https://github.com/matzew/simple-websocket-client).

> The UPS instance is from the OpenShift Cartridge and the Simple Push
Server, is the vert.x version, also running on OpenShift.

the notification : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqfcqq42es

> This is an interesting use of the SimplePush Protocol since every
connected device/object is eligible for the UPS ;)