[aerogear-dev] Error while upgrading to UPS 1.0.1

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:42:02 EDT 2014

Hi Vivek !
The KeyCloak jsut gave me some directions for the migration, I copy paste
it here :

Make sure Keycloak 1.0.0.RC1 is not running and run:

 # bin/standalone.sh -Dkeycloak.migration.action=export
-Dkeycloak.migration.provider=singleFile
-Dkeycloak.migration.file=<ADD A NAME FOR THE EXPORT FILE>

Then you need to manually edit the exported file:

1. Rename "auditEnabled" to "eventsEnabled"
2. Rename "auditExpiration" to "eventsExpiration"
3. Rename "auditListeners" to "eventsListeners"
4. Under "master" realm to all applications that ends with "-realm"
add roles "view-events" and "manage-events" (you don't need to specify
an id)
5. To "admin" composite role in master realm add "view-events" and
"manage-events"
6. For each additional realm to "realm-management" application add
roles "view-events" and "manage-events"
7. To "realm-admin" composite role in other realms add "view-events"
and "manage-events"

Steps 1-3 are required, otherwise the import will fail. If steps 4-7
are not done Keycloak will throw a NPE if you try to access events log
through the admin console, you can also do these steps afterwards
through the admin console.

Before starting Keycloak 1.0.1.Final clear the database, then run:

 # bin/standalone.sh -Dkeycloak.migration.action=import
-Dkeycloak.migration.provider=singleFile
-Dkeycloak.migration.file=<PATH TO ABOVE EXPORT FILE>

Please let us know if that helps.

Sebi