[aerogear-dev] UPS and com.ganyo:gcm-server

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 16:01:18 EDT 2015

So it looks like UPS is using a jar packaged by "theganyo"
https://github.com/theganyo/gcm-server for its Google stuff.  This appears
to be a fork of Google's GCM code which was put into maven central.  It is
also about two years out of date.

The fork appears to be based on the code here :
https://github.com/google/gcm.

For implementing topic support I am probably going to need some
functionality from Google's actual code.  Even if I don't I am going to
need things feature in neither repository (Constants for error messages in
response to topic messaging are immediately apparent).

I am looking for brainstorming around the best way to gracefully move this
functionality forward.  I'm thinking drop the ganyo dependency and code and
pull the current Google code into UPS.  It is apache licensed.

Thoughts, fears, tomatoes?

Summers