[aerogear-dev] Sndroid Background push notifications not working

delalis delalis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:34:23 EDT 2015

That worked thanks Erik.  But now I have to re-code my client to register
using the aerogear way of doing things instead of the generic way I did it
before...

The classic pushplugin doesnt require you to provide a push-config when
calling the register() function...we were able to specify that later in the
success method.  That way we could first register the device in the GCM
cloud, and then get a token, and provide that token to aerogear using the
java sender API.  But this aerogear pushplugin looks like it requires the
variant information upfront when calling register()...which we can provide
but I need to know the URL to expose from the aerogear server and specify it
in the push-config....

this link
https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-cordova/AerogearCordovaPush/#_documentation
says to use "pushServerURL": "<pushServerURL e.g http(s)//host:port/context
>", in the push-config.json file...so what would this link actually be?
http(s)//host:port/context would be  http(s)//host:port/ag-push?  or would
it actually be the word "context"

thanks for your help!