[aerogear-dev] Sndroid Background push notifications not working

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:11:00 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:51 PM, delalis <delalis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for writing back so quickly!
>
> 1) Can't your "Leatons" REST Service  proxy the register request to the
> push
> server ?
>
> ---Yes that is what we were doing before, the classic push plugin called
> register() which simply registered the token with APNS/GCM, and in the
> onSuccess function we would then send an AJAX call to Leatons REST service
> which would then put the device token we got back from the register() call
> into the Aerogear database using whatever methods Aerogears API exposed
> (sorry, I think that is what I meant by the Sender API)... so if you
> suggest
> using the REST service as a proxy to the push server and bypass the
> register() function altogether, how would we hook up the client
> onNotification() handler?
>
> 2) Or maybe just let Leaton accept the register request made by the
> aerogear
> plugin and store the json payload, later a service can submit that to the
> UnifiedPush Server.
> ---Again, how would we hook up the phonegap client onNotification() handler
> if we arent calling register from the clients javascript code??

I meant  : you still use the plugin javascript code register() but just
make sure that your backend API (Leaton or whatever) accept the path and
the json payload so :

POST http//myleatonservice/rest/registry/device  + JSON Payload

You just point to "http//myleatonservice/rest" in you push-config,
"/registry/device" will be added automatically by the plugin.

Could sound hacky but worth to explore.

This way you still hookup your onNotification() handler