[aerogear-dev] GCM 3.0 and Instance ID

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 10:03:41 EDT 2015

Sooooo we have a 2.2.0 staged.  Google has a ton of new functionality
rolling out for GCM.

We think that 2.2.0 works with it mostly correctly but we are finding some
"gotchas".  Notably it looks like Google is sending some ACK messages after
we register that the library is ignoring.

We will need to support InstanceID (tl;dr; Google is enhancing
registraiton_id).  Passos and I are still digesting the volumes of stuff
being rolled out from IO so we can't really give too many details right now
because we simply don't know them (And Google is still updating their docs,
fixing links, etc).

So the question to the list is :
 Do we delay 2.2.0 and include support for InstanceID and any other best
practices Google has introduced or do we release 2.2.0, document / work
around any gotchas and then prioritize GCM 3.0 support for 2.3.0?