[Aerogear-users] categories have been hijacked

Kelvin Lunsford kelvin at qantel.com
Mon Aug 10 20:36:33 EDT 2015

Setting "categories" in the push payload was working for android and ios in cordova push plugin 1.1.1.

For version 2.0.2 "categories" only works for ios.

It looks like "categories" is being hijacked in android for a GCM feature called "topics".

I liked "categories".  I was using it.  Now it's gone.  GCM topics is not a drop-in replacement.  It's not the same thing.

New features should get new names and new commands.

- Kelvin