[Aerogear-users] Idle in transaction using AeroGear Unified Push 1.1.0 and postgresql 9.3

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Dec 17 05:10:56 EST 2015

Hello Marius,

sorry for the late reply - your mail was stuck in the moderators queue. Did
you subscribe before sending?  Anyways.

I am not sure about this issue, looks like there is a bug in the "old"
Keycloak we use, on 1.1.0 of UPS.
We are in the process of updating it to a more recent version of Keycloak
(1.7.0):
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/659

Can you file a JIRA against Keycloak ->
http://JIRA.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK

We have done a bit of testing w/ UPS 1.1.0 and Postgres9 - but I am, tbh,
not sure if we did test w/ 9.3 :/

I will create docker-compose files, that will use this DB for our own
testing of UPS. I will share my evaluations of this later (today/tomorow)

Sorry for the inconvenience!

HTH,
Matthias

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Marius Schellenberger <
marius.schellenberger at petafuel.de> wrote:

> Hello AeroGear dev‘s,
>

> I’m currently evaluating the AeroGear Unified Push Server in a
> pre-production environment (RedHat JBoss EAP 6.4.4) and I’m facing an issue
> with an idle database transaction, which is executed every time the app is
> deployed (or the JBoss Server is started).
>

> I’m using Postgresql 9.3 as the database backend.
>

> The idle process listed in ps aux:
>
> postgres: keycloak keycloak 10.0.6.106(55387) idle in transaction
>

> The transaction seems to hang at this SQL statement:
>
> select authentica0_.REALM_ID as REALM_ID4_28_1_, authentica0_.ID as
> ID1_3_1_, authentica0_.ID as ID1_3_0_, authentica0_.ALIAS as ALIAS2_3_0_,
> authentica0_.PROVIDER_ID as PROVIDER3_3_0_, authentica0_.REALM_ID as
> REALM_ID4_3_0_ from AUTHENTICATOR authentica0_ where
> authentica0_.REALM_ID=$1
>

> The query results nothing, as you can see below:
>
> select * from AUTHENTICATOR;
>
> id | alias | realm_id | provider_id

> (0 rows)
>

> Can you guys please help me identifying this issue?
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Marius Schellenberger

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf