[Aerogear-users] Registering and unregistering from Simple Push and Unified Push

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:31:35 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:30 PM, mo <michi.oshima at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We use  OpenShift AeroGear Push Server Cartridge
> <https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push>  .
>
> I've decided to register with simple-push and unified-push every time the
> user logs into our application.  Also to unregister from both unified-push
> and simple-push when they log out or browser closes.  Is this a good idea
> or
> bad idea?

Any reasons you are doing it this way ? AeroGear's SPS  JS implementation
will keep a mapping SPS <-> UPS in your localStorage, so when you register
again it will use this instead of creating a new installation.
By registering/unregistering each time you will "pollute" the installation
table in UPS.

> Also, I've always wondered about the following comment in a sample code:
>
> "if it is the first registration, need to register the 'pushEndpoint' with
> the UnifiedPush server."
> <
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-cookbook/blob/master/simplepush-unifiedpush-example/js/unifiedpush.js#L27-L28

Once a SPS endpoint has been received it needs to register with the UPS
except when it has already be done (see previous comment)