[Aerogear-users] Issues unregistering from server

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 09:49:43 EDT 2015

1) You should be creating the PushRegistrar object in a static block in
your activity OR in the onCreate method of your Application (also make sure
you have subclassed application and set that class to the name property of
your application in your AndroidManifest.)

2) You need to also make sure that register() is called before
unregister().  If Android kills your application you will need to call
register to call unregister.  It is a bit counter intuitive but it keeps
your registration state in sync with GCM so that you are properly
unregistered.

3) Do you have a github we can take a look at with the project in it?