[Aerogear-users] Handshake issue when connecting to APNS (from OpenShift Online)

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Nov 9 05:13:31 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Florian Traverse <
florian.traverse at allocab.com> wrote:

> Thanks Matthias for your help,
>
> Our certs are good until 2016 at least, so it was not the reason.
>

> The solution was pretty simple, finally: we've just restarted the gear and
> it worked pretty well then.

Indeed - this sucks big times. How long was it up and running before? Would
like to understand the problem.
Thanks for sharing the stack-trace - I will check if similar problems have
been reported by other java-apns users.

BTW. Apple will move to http2 soon, that will allow us having a much more
straightforward connect to APNs.

> Yet the cause is still unknown, and this is not great for a production
> server :/
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

Matthias Wessendorf