[Aerogear-users] Multiple Android Push notifications

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 08:26:54 EST 2016

What you are facing is that deviceId's that are no longer used will removed
by google, UPS will get informed about that and will remove the device from
it's database as well. But this will take some time, so either you wait for
this to happen or you go into the UPS console and disable the devices there.

Hope this answers your question

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 2:18 PM, aamagdi <aamagdi at ejada.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing the below scenario with android devices but I don't know if
> there a workaround for it:
>
> 1- Install a mobile application that support push notification and
> connected
> to UPS server in android device
> 2- User open the application and the device registered on UPS server
> 3- User receive notification normally
> 4- User uninstall the application without his device been unregistered from
> UPS
> 5- User install the application again and register his device in UPS
> 6- User receive double notification of each notification instead of one
> 7- with each new uninstall and reinstall of the same app, number of the
> multiple notification increase by one
>
> Is there  a solution for this issue
>
> Thanks

Cheers,