[Aerogear-users] Testing push in Cordova

Daniel Passos dpassos at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 06:42:15 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Anton Hughes <kurrent93 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Daniel Passos <dpassos at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I really recommend you *don't* use Android emulator to play around
>> push/gcm.
>>

> HI Daniel - I appreciate the feedback. I need all the help I can get right
> now as I am very green.
> However, I have been told that push does not work when using the cordova
> 'emulator' (not sure if that is the right word).
>
> For now, I just need to see that UPS and cordova works - that I can push a
> message. That is the stage I am at.
>
> What are your reasons for advocating for not using Android emulator?

By default GCM/Push don't work on Google emulator, only in the last
versions, but I always prefer test it in a real device to prevent problems.

Another tip you need to have and Gmail/Google valid account on the device.

Emulator and don't have a Google account on device made me too much
problems in the past

-- Passos