[Aerogear-users] Enabled TLS 1.2

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 15:20:22 EDT 2016

Ramona,

Sorry this slipped past our radars.  No we don't currently do anything to
enable TLS 1.2 in JellyBean or KitKat Android versions.

However, we can work together to modify this class
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-pipe/blob/master/aerogear-android-pipe/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/android/pipe/http/HttpRestProvider.java
which is the class which configured HTTP for push and release an updated
library.  Alternatively, you can use reflection to inject your own
HttpProvider into the push registrar.  Push uses this field :
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-push/blob/master/aerogear-android-push/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/android/unifiedpush/fcm/AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar.java#L87
to configure http.

Again, sorry it took so long to reply.  Feel free to follow up with us here
or on the #aerogear IRC channel.

Summers