[Aerogear-users] Error sending payload to APNs server: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: internal_error

jeff01 xfdeng at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:05:36 EDT 2017

Thanks  Matthias for your reply and time. I do appreciate that.

We ran into a situation that when an app changed its app id and enterprise
certs from apple, it threw the above error. No other changes to the app.

Since Aerogear 1.1.0.Final uses java-apns so I used this tool to test .p12
cert. Here is what I find:

In Eclipse, if I run the test program I wrote to test .p12 by sending a msg
to an iphone via java-apns lib, it seems to be working, I received the
message on the device - only when the JDK is 1.6.

If I switch it to JDK 1.7, or 1.8, I can replicate the same error. (But the
cert should be ok, I think)

I ported the same test program into a server that hosts our Aerogear with
JDK 1.7 installed, it failed with the same error.

But I am not sure is it because JDK handles Java resouce files such as cert
differently, or because of other reasons, like SSL/TLS support.

.withCert("c:\\temp\\testApns\\mycert.p12",PASSWORD)

For the above code, if I tweak a bit, like using

.withCert("/mycert.p12",PASSWORD)

even with JDK 1.6, it fails with the same error, even if I put the cert in
the root folder of the jar. (so basically if it cannot find the cert, it
will throw the internal error.

My question is, in Aerogear UPS 1.1.0-Final, what does it exactly mean if
Aerogear/java-apns spit out this error message: Error sending payload to
APNs server: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert:
internal_error? How should we go about and troubleshoot this issue?

I really appreciate it if you can shed more light on this.

--
Sent from: http://aerogear-users.1116366.n5.nabble.com/