[Aerogear-users] Many established connections to Apple servers

benjaminfras benjamin.fras at petafuel.de
Tue Jan 10 05:18:38 EST 2017

Hi,
we have an aerogear installation deployed on a EAP 6.4.11 domain mode. It is
working fine so far, however after some time we see plenty of open
connections to apple servers (17.188). Today we hit a peak with over 3000
open connections. It seems that each connection is tied to a separate
thread, thus we had over 3000 threads as well. This is when our monitoring
fired and our operation guy got alerted.
On average we're sending approx. 40 push messages every 5 minutes to both
android and ios devices.

This is a snippet of what the netstat output looks like:

Is this expected behavior? Is it possible to set a max limit or something
similar?