[Aerogear-users] Problems deplying aerogear in kubernetes with wildfly eap

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 10:40:20 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Victor Silva <vfbsilva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks I'm trying to deploy aerogear on Kubernetes. I'm using the wildfly
> image from: https://hub.docker.com/r/aerogear/unifiedpush-wildfly/
>
> As I have my databases outside of Kubernetes I've built  the image as
> described here:
>
> docker build -t aerogear/unifiedpush-wildfly .
>

> With the following dockerfile:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/aerogear/unifiedpush-wildfly/~/dockerfile/
>
> Unfortunately the dockerfile seems to point to an invalid tarball:
> RUN curl -L -o /opt/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-$UPSVER-dist.tar.gz
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/releases/download/
> $UPSVER/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-$UPSVER-dist.tar.gz
>
> So I went to:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/releases/
> And got:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/rele
> ases/download/1.2.0-beta.1/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-1.
> 2.0-beta.1-dist.tar.gz
>
> Then tried to deploy the wars getting a ton of errors:
> https://pastebin.com/G89f3EpM
>
> It seems that among other problems a mysql is being deployed on my server
> which makes no sense as I've provided the variables in standalone.xml:
>
> <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://${env.UNIFIEDPUSH_PORT_3306_TCP
> _ADDR}:${env.UNIFIEDPUSH_PORT_3306_TCP_PORT}/${env.UNIFIEDPU
> SH_ENV_MYSQL_DATABASE}?useUnicode=true&amp;characterE
> ncoding=UTF-8</connection-url>
> <user-name>${env.UNIFIEDPUSH_ENV_MYSQL_USER}</user-name>
> <password>${env.UNIFIEDPUSH_ENV_MYSQL_PASSWORD}</password>
> <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://${env.KEYCLOAK_PORT_3306_TCP_AD
> DR}:${env.KEYCLOAK_PORT_3306_TCP_PORT}/${env.KEYCLOAK_ENV_
> MYSQL_DATABASE}?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=
> UTF-8</connection-url>
> <user-name>${env.KEYCLOAK_ENV_MYSQL_USER}</user-name>
> <password>${env.KEYCLOAK_ENV_MYSQL_PASSWORD}</password>
> <core-environment>
> </core-environment>
> <recovery-environment socket-binding="txn-recovery-environment"
> status-socket-binding="txn-status-manager"/>
> <socket-binding name="txn-recovery-environment" port="4712"/>
>

> I'm not sure if the case is related to:
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/projects/AGPUSH/issues/AGPUSH-2117?
> filter=allopenissues
>
> Anyone had success deploying in kubernetes?

The Dockerfile points to a valid tarball; the Dockerfile also copies
resources from the local directory into the image in order to setup the
mysql connections.

You can *NOT*  get a working image by copying the Dockerfile on dockerhub
to your machine and running `docker build` because you are missing the
local files.  If you want to build a dockerfile you can either make your
own dockerfile that extends the UPS docker image, or you can clone
https://github.com/jboss-dockerfiles/aerogear, edit the files as you see
fit, and then build from that.

I don't think you need to though.  All you need to do is set the
environment variables in the standalone.xml file you sent when you perform
your docker run.

Source : I am running UPS in a Kubernetes POD right now.