[Aerogear-users] Revoke (logout) token - Android

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 19:45:13 EDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Mitja Jesenicnik Kotnik <
mitja.kotnik at cloud.si> wrote:

> Yes, I was able to do that. But the WebView still saved the Cookies for
> that session, so I had to also delete the Cookies from WebView in Android
> so that the next time it asked me for the password again.

If you are authenticating against Google's OAuth you don't want to use the
WebView.

You might want to give :
https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/08/modernizing-oauth-interactions-in-native-apps.html
a look.

To make AGDroid Authz use the system browser instead of the WebView you can
set withIntent(true) on the configuration.

A special note about OAuth 2 and logging out, AGDroid will remove your
session locally in the app, but the OAuth 2 spec does not provide a
mechanism for logging you out of the server component.  Because it
implements OAuth 2, the library can't support the behavior you are trying
to do.