[Aerogear-users] Anyone could help me for notification handling on iOS devices?

Federico Cerminara fedecentrico at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:03:23 EDT 2017

Hi,
my name is Federico, I wrote some time ago for a crash scenario and tyou
were very helpful. Hope I’ll be so lucky again. I’m still a beginner in
cross platform app development and I am using aerogear cordova push plugin
(together with Ionic 1 and Angular 1) to enable reception of push
notification. Here follows my little trouble.

My customer asked me to modify, if possible, app behavior in push
notification handling, especially on iOS devices. He’s explaining me he
finds too many push notifications after a long period of inactivity
(notification are sent by a backend job each hour) and that he would like
the app to handle only the last one. I don’t know if it’s possible, working
on client code, to ask my app to avoid to show a push if some others have
already come without being effectively handled (if you think it’s possible
and you could suggest me a way, I would appreciate it very much). The best
solution I am able to image is to use the onNotification() function in my
angular code to make another server call, just to tell the exact time oh
push notification handling. It will be after a backend trouble to decide,
known which users have received a push and when eventually the same users
have handled it, if it will send them another notification.

Hope I have been clear describing my solution (and maybe it was not so
important) but the main point is: can you tell me if there’s some useful
approach (maybe using some configuration of server AAerogear) to avoid
sending many push to the same user/client if he has not handled them? Or
even, can you tell me if the user can handle one push for all, on a iOS
device? (On Android devices I would have tried to manipulate java classes
for PushHandlerActivity and NotificationMeassgeHandler). This could be very
helpful for me.

I have you will have a nice weekend.
Federico