[Aerogear-users] Aearogear with Android SDK on OpenShift: Default FirebaseApp is not initialized

Robert Baumgartner rbaumgar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 11:47:00 EDT 2018

Hi Gurus,

I tried to use AeroGear and run into a little problem...

I installes Aerogear on OpenShift/Minishift incl Kerberos, like
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/

After that I used the guide at:
https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/aerogear-push-android/guides/

Then I got a complier error when I tried to run the  PushApplication

Error:(25, 23) error: TAG has private access in FragmentActivity

I tried to fixed this in
MainActivity.java by adding a
    private static final String TAG = MainActivity.class.getSimpleName();

So I got the following error at application runtime:
W/System: ClassLoader referenced unknown path:
/data/app/com.push.pushapplication-1/lib/arm64
I/FirebaseInitProvider: FirebaseApp initialization unsuccessful
I/InstantRun: starting instant run server: is main process
W/art: Before Android 4.1, method android.graphics.PorterDuffColorFilter
android.support.graphics.drawable.VectorDrawableCompat.updat
eTintFilter(android.graphics.PorterDuffColorFilter,
android.content.res.ColorStateList, android.graphics.PorterDuff$Mode) would
have incorrectly overridden the package-private method in
android.graphics.drawable.Drawable
E/MainActivity: *Default FirebaseApp is not initialized in this process
com.push.pushapplication. Make sure to call
FirebaseApp.initializeApp(Context) first.*
                java.lang.IllegalStateException: Default FirebaseApp is not
initialized in this process com.push.pushapplication. Make sure to call
FirebaseApp.initializeApp(Context) first.
                    at com.google.firebase.FirebaseApp.getInstance(Unknown
Source)
                    at com.google.firebase.iid.Fireba
seInstanceId.getInstance(Unknown Source)
                    at org.jboss.aerogear.android.uni
fiedpush.fcm.AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar$2.get(AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar.java:
100)
                    at org.jboss.aerogear.android.uni
fiedpush.fcm.AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar$2.get(AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar.java:
96)
                    at org.jboss.aerogear.android.uni
fiedpush.fcm.AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar$4.doInBackground(AeroG
earFCMPushRegistrar.java:145)
                    at org.jboss.aerogear.android.uni
fiedpush.fcm.AeroGearFCMPushRegistrar$4.doInBackground(AeroG
earFCMPushRegistrar.java:135)
                    at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:305)
                    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTas
k.run(FutureTask.java:237)
                    at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExe
cutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:243)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoo
lExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoo
lExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
                    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

I could not find any workaroud. Any tip/solution wolcome?

Lg Robert
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Robert Baumgartner

Senior Solution Architect Middleware