[Apicurio] How to configure to use internally hosted github repository

Eric Wittmann eric.wittmann at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 11:51:18 EDT 2019

We do not have access to a local GitHub installation in order to test this,
which is why we do not have documentation for it.  However, you should be
able to use two existing articles in the official Apicurio documentation to
help.

Here is the article about how to configure a local GitLab instance:
https://apicurio-studio.readme.io/docs/using-a-local-installation-of-gitlab

You'll obviously want to extrapolate from the information in that article
to GitHub instead of GitLab.  To help with that, there is some good
information about how to configure the Keycloak side of things here:
https://apicurio-studio.readme.io/docs/setting-up-keycloak-for-use-with-apicurio#section-71-enable-github-account-linking

The Apicurio configuration is pretty easy, it's just setting some system
properties:

apicurio.hub.github.url=https://github.com
apicurio.hub.github.api=https://api.github.com

The values above are defaults - obviously used for integrating with the
public instance of GH.  You'll want to set BOTH properties to appropriate
values for your local instance.

The trickier part is configuring your local Keycloak.  This requires some
configuration in Keycloak **AND** some configuration in your local GitHub
instance.  The configuration needed is documented in the second link I
included above.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Eric