[Apiman-user] Apiman & Keycloak

Charles Moulliard cmoulliard at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 10:54:29 EDT 2015

On 01/09/15 11:57, Marc Savy wrote:
> I would suggest you refer to the Keycloak documentation, as there are
> several ways to skin this particular cat. For instance, how you decide
> to set up your Keycloak configuration is highly dependent upon your
> specific requirements; whether you want token grants to be via the
> API-only, or an HTTP redirect based approach (see:
> https://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/access-types.html); how
> you wish to divide up your application; the level of security you
> desire; any identity provision sources...
>
> At any rate, once you have Keycloak going, you would log in and click
> on 'create realm' (in my blog demo, that would be
> http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/master/console/#/create/realm) -
> then, add your client, roles, users, etc.
>
 >> I have created a very basic use case :
- realm = demo,
- a user = demo and
- a client = demo where Direct Grants Only = ON and Access Type = Public

but when I issue a request to get the Access Token,

curl -X POST
http://127.0.0.1:8080/auth/realms/demo/protocol/openid-connect/token -H
'password=demo' -d 'grant_type=password' -d 'client_id=demo'

I get  this error -->

{"error_description":"Direct Grant REST API not
enabled","error":"not_enabled"}

Here is the demo.json exported file =
https://gist.github.com/cmoulliard/c25fef751886ace8c354

> To make your life simple for demo purposes, I suggest your clients be
> 'Direct Grants Only' and 'Public'.
>
> I'm not entirely clear from your email whether you want to script
> this, or provide walk-through steps, or provide a pre-baked config
> (like the blog).
 >> I would like to include instructions (= step by step instructions) +
screenshots and also a file (= json exported config) for end users not
interested to setup Keycloak