[Apiman-user] APIMAN, clustering, and versioning

Christopher Stolte cstolte at ebsco.com
Fri Jun 3 13:02:47 EDT 2016

Hello Apiman community,

Our team is hoping to use Apiman in a production environment that includes a load-balanced cluster of Apiman gateway instances. Those instances would share Elasticsearch storage for metrics etc., as per this architecture summary:

http://www.apiman.io/latest/production-guide.html#_architecture_summary

As we imagine this scenario, some questions pop up that we don't have answers to. For example, what assumptions can we make about data integrity when Apiman releases a new version? Are major releases the only ones that might break a schema (and thus not coexist happily in a cluster with other instances of a different version) ? I apologize if this is documented somewhere - I took a look around but didn't find anything related to versioning semantics. Basically we'd like to understand the upgrade path for a given instance within a cluster.

Apiman team: what have you tested or consciously targeted as far as clustered environments? Has anyone out there in the community tried to use a cluster of gateways? Has there been any work done related to this ticket?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/APIMAN-278

Thank you in advance for any comments or guidance!

Chris Stolte