[Apiman-user] Production Upgrade Recommendation

Marc Savy marc.savy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 15:58:43 EDT 2018

Hi Ashish,

The datastore of the gateway can be separate from the manager (it
*can* be the same, but does not need to be).

This means that even if the manager goes down, or a particular gateway
instance goes down, as long as a given gateway's datastore is still
available then they should keep running.

The flow is as follows:

1. The user publishes an API/Client in the Apiman Manager. This causes
a push to the gateway API.
2. The gateway API receives and inserts the information into the
gateway datastore, which is shared with the other nodes in its
cluster/group.
3. When traffic hits the gateway, the gateway looks into the *gateway*
datastore, not the manager.

Hope this is clear?

Regards,
Marc