[bv-dev] Method validation - cont'd

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue May 15 04:38:53 EDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Gunnar Morling wrote:

>>> * Should ParameterNameProvider go into a sub-package?
>
>> which one do you have in mind there?
>
> Normally I'd lean towards to javax.validation.spi, since PNP is
> something which is implemented by clients. But I think in BV 1.0, the
> "spi" package is centered more around bootstrapping.

As you say, it depends on the definition of spi. I also think api in Bean Validation
is originally centered around bootstrapping.  However, by just adding ParameterNameProvider
into the package this would change without any negative side effects.

> So personally I'd be fine with leaving PNP directly within javax.validation.

I was thinking the same initially, but looking at the amount of classes in javax.validation it is probably
a good idea to use a different package. I am not sure in which other existing or new package it should go
except spi

--Hardy