[bv-dev] CDI interceptors and lifecycle

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Feb 5 13:11:24 EST 2013

On 4 Jan 2013, at 7:08 PM, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> While reviewing the interceptor specification, I realized that
> interceptors lifecycle is bound to the object lifecycle they intercept.
> In other words, it is not trivial to keep caches around for example
> caches that now if a method should be intercepted or not.

There might be other things one might want to cache, but I don't think the decision whether
a method should be intercepted is cached by the interceptor. Whether a class/method is intercepted
is CDI config information which is in this case is driven by the interceptor binding annotation.

Also the @ValidateExecutable processing is a once off thing imo.

> Is that a problem for the expected CDI interceptor implementations?

i don't think so

--Hardy