[bv-dev] BVAL-436 disable executable validation altogether

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 13 03:37:03 EDT 2013

It feels like override-validated-executables would provide a lit of
executable types validated. I don't think that feature makes sense as
deciding if a specific executable type is validated depends on a class
basis(eg JPA vs JAX-Rs action method.

I thought you had in mind a global flag to disable it entirely. I have
mocked two approaches, please give me your thoughts:

https://gist.github.com/emmanuelbernard/2191bad0c7d8742a8eea

Approach #1 has my preference I believe.

Check out the schema design after both approaches in the gist. I reused
the design JPA uses to exclude classes from being scanned. But I am not
an XML expert and there might be better options.

Likewise BootstrapConfiguration would get a Boolean
getDisableValidationExecution() method that is ignored by Bean
Validation engines proper.

Emmanuel