[bv-dev] Configure validation constraints at runtime

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Feb 25 02:44:28 EST 2014

+1 for adding something like this. Marcos, could you open an issue in our
tracker (https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/BVAL)?

If you don't want to use the current dynamic constraint APIs in HV/Apache
BVAL, you might consider to generate XML constraint descriptors based on
your configuration. That's a bit more tedious but portable between
providers.

Slightly related, I see people ask every now and then for a facility for
copying constraint definitions between models. Users could build this
themselves if aforementioned dynamic constraint definition was possible, or
we could add some more high-level support for this.

--Gunnar