[bv-dev] Road to Final

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 14 04:42:21 EDT 2017

Hi all,

As you know Bean Validation 2.0 is planned to be part of the Java EE 8
spec which should be released in July.

For that also BV needs to go to the Final Approval Ballot early in
July. This means we'll have to go to Public Draft soon, as this is
running for 30 days, followed by 2 weeks of Public Review Ballot by
the EC. So the Public Draft should start end of April, meaning I'll
have to submit the Public Draft soonish to the JCP.

I've planned to do so next weekend (April 23rd) so that JCP folks have
enough time to prepare it for publication. The most important thing
missing is to pull the container element validation feature from the
spec into the appendix. I'm working on this currently, you can expect
a PR for this mid next week.

If you have any thoughts on this or if there is anything else which
you think should be part of the Public Draft, please speak up (or send
in a PR) asap, as the clock is running.

Note that we can still do changes while the Public Review is running,
in this case a revised Public Draft can be posted on jcp.org. We can
use that to address some more smaller issues.

Thanks,