[bv-dev] Posted Early Draft 1 to the JCP

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Feb 14 03:40:40 EST 2017

Ah, thanks, Marco! Apparently there was some technical issue, so it
took a bit to get it published.

Getting this (first) Early Draft out is a very important milestone,
thanks a lot to everyone involved for making it happen!

I hope we'll get some good community feedback on this, so please help
to spread the word on the ED, be it online or in your local
communities. I'll write a post for beanvalidation.org later today.

We've been focusing on the RI lately, so I think we can do an Alpha
release of HV 6.0, implementing Bean Validation 2.0.0.Alpha1, this
week, too, allowing people to play with type argument constraints and
the other new features.

Looking forward, it's the right time to discuss other things you think
should be in BV 2.0. I'm working on a proposal/change for the new
constraints as per the survey we did. Please speak up if you see
further issues we haven't discussed at all or have been discussing but
didn't reach closure yet.