[bv-dev] Clarification regarding executable parameter/return value validation with group sequence redefinition

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Tue Apr 3 17:22:25 EDT 2018

Hello, I am encountering failures on three tests from
MethodValidationTest in the TCK:

* #constructorParameterValidationWithRedefinedDefaultGroupSequence()
* #methodParameterValidationWithRedefinedDefaultGroupSequence()
* #methodReturnValueValidationWithRedefinedDefaultGroupSequence()

In each case I am failing to pick up a @Size constraint from the
Default group of an Item parameter or Order return value. However, due
to the group sequence redefinition of Basic, Default on the bean class
in question I am confused as to why I am expected to pick up the
failures from the Default group after having encountered a @NotNull
constraint violation in the Basic group. Thanks for any help here.

Matt