[bv-dev] Value extractors and the TCK

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Fri Mar 2 18:17:08 EST 2018

Hi all,
We are progressing on the Apache BVal implementation of BV 2.0 and I have a
question. Taking as a concrete example,
CascadingOnContainerElementsTest#cascading_on_container_element_of_constructor_parameter_is_applied():
BarService#<init>(List) annotates the Bar element type of the List
parameter, yet the unit test appears to treat this identically to a BV < 2
@Valid List, from the perspective of the expected path nodes. I can perhaps
accept that, but if that is what is expected by the spec (I don't find this
explicitly stated, but that may be my problem), when would the built in
list element value extractor be expected to kick in and supply the <list
element> node as stated in the spec, and/or when would said node be
expected to show up in a path?

Thanks,
Matt