[bv-dev] ValueExtractionUnwrappingTest: quibble between spec and TCK

Matt Benson mbenson at apache.org
Thu Mar 29 19:01:57 EDT 2018

consider #validate_implicit_unwrapping_having_two_type_parameters_and_only_one_maximally_specific_value_extractor_marked_with_unwrap_by_default_is_ok():

What the spec says is:
If the constraint carries neither the Unwrapping.Unwrap nor the
Unwrapping.Skip payload:

If there is exactly one maximally-specific type-compliant value
extractor and this extractor is marked with @UnwrapByDefault, this
extractor is applied;

Otherwise, no value extractor is applied.

The test actually implements something more like:
If there is exactly one maximally-specific type-compliant value
extractor marked with @UnwrapByDefault, this extractor is applied,
etc.

The distinction is perhaps subtle, and I agree that the behavior
itself is reasonable; it just doesn't precisely agree with the current
wording, and I felt I should raise it as an issue.

Thanks,
Matt