[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1

Peter Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 07:25:18 EDT 2011

Hi everyone

Welcome to the CDI 1.1 expert group. I've started to collect some resources at https://github.com/pmuir/cdi/wiki. Please take some time to read through them.

I would like everyone to work their way through the various lists of issues in JIRA https://github.com/pmuir/cdi/wiki/CDI-1.1-issues and do four things:

* If you are aware of an issue that is not recorded, please create one
* If you think an issue on the TBC list should be addressed in CDI 1.1 then please make a note of this, and prepare an email to this list explaining why you think the issue should be included. Please restrict yourself to three such issues.
* If you think an issue on the proposed list shouldn't be addressed then please make a note of this, and prepare an email to this list explaining why you think the issue shouldn't be included. Please restrict yourself to three such issues.
* Write a note to the list indicating what issues you are going to take a lead on. For major issues, prepare a 2 minute summary for the concall so that you can brief people on the issue.

The (soft) deadline for this exercise is Wednesday 11th May. Of course, we can continue to debate the merits of issues after this, but to make things run smoothly it will help a lot if we can get this done quickly!

I propose we have conference call on Thursday 12th May to kick off, overview the main issues facing us and run through who will take what issues. Here is my proposed slot - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=CDI+Kick+off+concall&iso=20110512T14&p1=90&ah=1 - it's difficult to find something suitable for everyone, but this does allow both people in Australia (late night) and the US West Coast (our two extremes) to particpate.

Any comments or suggestions welcome,

Pete