[cdi-dev] Interceptors for qualified @PostConstruct methods?

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 06:21:38 EDT 2011

On 4 Aug 2011, at 09:01, Craig Ringer wrote:

>> If I understand you correctly, you are asking aroundInvoke-style interception of lifecycle callbacks on both bean instances and interceptors?
>
> In this case, specifically aroundInvoke-style interception of
> @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy lifecycle callbacks on bean instances, as
> you showed in your example.

Just FTR I didn't show aroundInvoke style interception, I showed lifecycle callbacks. An aroundInvoke style interception would be able to act *after* the target class lifecycle callbacks were invoked (and prevent them from being called). whilst what we have today only allows you to add additional logic into  the interceptor *before* the target class lifecycle interceptors are called.