[cdi-dev] easy solution for class visibility checks?

Fabien Marsaud fabmars at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:20:02 EST 2011

>Yup, I also don't really like it to make the Contexts responsible alone,
because it might make it harder to implement portable Contexts.

I was about to say the same. Usually a scope is straightforward:
@Scope @Retention @Target public @interface MyScope {}

But the context taking care of it has to drag the whole carriage: the
beanstore, the 2 get() methods and the cleanup. This may be not tedious for
you, but it definitely is for the average programmer (if he dares ot make
it right, threadsafe, etc).

A visibility method would add more complications and give a serious
opportunity to the developper to wreck havoc. There should be at least a
default impl and/or a higher order instance taking care of the visibility
things.

fm.

http://www.suntriprecords.com