[cdi-dev] Stafeful services directly from the JSF VS "ViewBean" + stateless service

José Rodolfo Freitas joserodolfo.freitas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 05:49:40 EST 2011

CDI created the possibility to reach any bean in the container from a JSF
view, encouraging a closer approach between ejb and jsf (or any cdi bean
and jsf), which can potentially lead to a simpler application design. I
think that is great!

However, I'm observing that this new programming model has been
experimenting user resistance. The "traditional" way of doing things, using
a "ViewBean" accessing a Stateless Service seems to be the
more legit.

What do you think about this? I'd like to discuss best practices around it
as I see it's on the core of almost every web application design.