[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1 JSR draft

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:47:51 EST 2011

I'm thrilled of the news and the prospect of the improvements and new
features.

What I'm most excited about, though, is the renewed commitment to openness,
breaking new ground with this dedicated public list to the discussion of cdi
development.

>From the proposal:

"We will leverage the collaborative tools provided by the JBoss Community
> infrastructure.
> We have a public issue tracker for tracking most issues at
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/
> CDI. We have a public EG discussion list at
> which is free for anyone to join and post to. We will have an EG-private
> mailing list, and we
> will a public wiki. The reference implementation will be developed entirely
> in the public Weld
> project in the JBoss Community. The TCK will be developed entirely in the
> public CDI TCK
> in the JBoss Community. We will leverage the Early Draft feature of JCP 2.6
> to allow the
> public to see the spec in progress."

"The Specification will be licensed via the ASL 2.0 license.
> The RI and TCK will be licensed via the ASL 2.0 license."

These choices will no doubt put CDI on the fast track to becoming *the*
programming model of choice for enterprise Java developers, with or without
the Java EE platform.

Great work Pete!

-Dan

--