[cdi-dev] Proxy implementation leaks

Arne Limburg arne.limburg at openknowledge.de
Mon May 9 11:15:11 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

The first call to your constructor is used to create the "contextual reference" and the second is used to create your actual "contextual instance".
As long as your scope is active you will not get a third call to your constructor since you always get the same "contextual instance".
When you make a new lookup you 'may' get a new "contextual reference". If weld is smart enough you will get the same contextual reference (and hence your constructor is not called again), but this is explicitly not required by the spec.

Regards,
Arne