[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu May 12 11:05:03 EDT 2011

Marius and Ales joined me for this and we ran over:

* Clearing out minor and already fixed issues
   - there are a number of issues gavin already addressed, need to check that these aren't still open in JIRA (AI Pete)
  - assign minor issues to volunteers. Marius has agreed to work on interceptors/decorators, other volunteers for areas appreciated! (AI Pete to assign issues)

* Resolution process
   - minor issues where there is obvious fix and no one from the EG has commented can have pull requests created and will be merged soon
   - minor issues where there is discussion about how to fix and major issues should have pull requests created when it appears that a consensus has been reached. After the pull request is created, there will be a two week period for review by the EG. Assuming there are no concerns raised in this time, the pull request will be merged and the issue closed
   - if there is no consensus on an issue then we will go with a majority decision, you must speak up within 1 week of the spec lead asking for a decision to be counted

* Communication process
   - no regular calls, only if we reach an impasse on an issue
   - whilst we will make this group as open as possible, there may still be some private negotiations. We will ensure that even if the discussion is not public, then the conclusion reached is! I would love to be able to say everything will be done openly, but practically this is just not possible ;-)

* TCK
   - Red Hat is (most likely) going to hire a full time person to work on the TCK
   - Primary jobs for this person to start with are:
      * convert existing tests to arquillian
      * increase coverage around extensions and complex deployment structures, and especially around where the intersect
      * increase coverage as needed elsewhere
      * aid EG members in writing TCK tests for new features
   - Version will be 1.1
   - Will be hosted on github

* RI
   - Weld will remain as RI, Ales leading work here
   - Weld 2.0 will be the first version implementing CDI 1.1
   - For more info on non-spec related issues check the WELD issue tracker :-D

* Community sponsored issues
   - Sponsor responsible for the spec changes (with help/review from spec lead)
   - And for TCK tests (help from TCK lead, review from spec lead)
   - Not responsible for impl in RI

* Initially proposing that the TCK and RI integrate new work on a monthly basis (i.e. collect up all new issues + impl them).

We didn't do any issue review or discuss priority as it was only RH people on the phone and we have already done this for the JSR. We can continue this discussion on the mailing list. In general next step is to continue work on issue tracker as we have been.

Pete