[cdi-dev] RequestScoped and Injection Points

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 08:38:05 EDT 2011

For a request scoped bean there is not a single injection point, like there is for dependent beans. Say I have a request scoped bean, Bean A.

I have two other beans, of any scope, Bean B and Bean C.

If both beans B and C inject A in the same request, then the injection point for A is both Bean B and Bean C.

Furthermore, client proxies mean that bean A is instantiated lazily, to solve the circular injection problem, and so has no knowledge of it's injection point when actually created.