[cdi-dev] Support DI within BV constant validators

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 14:05:52 EDT 2012

Hi Emmanuel, Gunnar,

Gunnar filed https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-241 however I don't think we should reference this in the CDI spec. Instead, Bean Validation should declare which of it's classes should be "Java EE component classes", which then makes them eligible for injection by CDI. These types are also referenced by the Java EE spec IIRC. ccing Linda and Bill, as this relates to how we define what receives CDI injections going forward, as I'm not sure they want to continue with this method.

Pete