[cdi-dev] Subclassing?

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 17 12:05:16 EDT 2012

The main difference we get from subclassing is that even 'internal invocations' (contrary to 'external invocations') will invoke the decorator method

example

public Class A implements X {

  public void methA() {..}
  public void methB() { methA(); }

}

@Decorator
public class Adecorator implements X {
  @Inject @Delegate X x;

  public void methA();
}

If we do _not_ apply subclassing but proxying, then invoking methB will NOT trigger methA from Adecorator.
If we DO force subclassing, then a call to methB will also trigger the decorator!

But that is contrary to all other EE proxying behaviour so far...

LieGrue,
strub